I received my bachelor’s degree from the University of Minnesota with a major in political science and a minor in history. My master’s degree is from George Washington University in Washington, D.C. in political management and advocacy. I wrote my capstone project on sex trafficking in Minnesota.
I currently work at the Institute on the Environment (IonE) at the University of Minnesota where I coordinate the annual fund and assist the leadership team with strategic planning. Previous to IonE I worked as a legislative assistant where I focused on policy development, constituent assistance, and legislative research.
I am a former high school cheer coach (Park Center Senior High and Spring Lake Park Senior High) and youth mentor. I have spent my professional career recruiting and mentoring young women to prepare for leadership roles.
My son Dylan is going into the 8th grade and his father, Mike, and I have worked hard to be active parents. We love cheering him on at Tiger football and baseball games. He also plays hockey for the North Metro Pirates. As parents we believe in the importance of public schools. Fridley has a reputation for a well-functioning, solid, and devoted school board. I will fight to continue this track-record of winning service to students, staff, teachers, and taxpayers!
Why I am passionate about Fridley:
- When enrolling my son in kindergarten I carefully evaluated all of our options. I chose Fridley because of its small-town, close-community feel. I felt the celebrated diversity in Fridley and its focus on each individual child. That was the perfect fit for our family. When moving into a new home, we waited until the perfect home in the school district was available so that Dylan could continue his educational and athletic experience closer to his friends and school.
- I have worked hard to contribute to our school district and our students. I volunteered with the Fridley Referendum campaign, sit on the FMS principal’s parent advisory group, and I am an active Tiger baseball and football mom.
- When I saw an unmet need in the middle school concerning equity in access for all students, I co-created a volunteer group to raise funds to send students in need on the biannual east coast trip. This group has now become its own entity and joined forces with various community partners as well as the Fridley Schools Foundation. This included creating an annual fundraising plan and the success of raising over $10,000 with the Taste of Fridley gala! More importantly, we succeeded in building relationships between the students and community leaders as well as lobbied elected officials to engage with students and families.
As a ten year resident of Fridley, I am also involved with athletics and community as a whole.
- Commissioner, Fridley Charter Commission
- Member, Positively Fridley
- Member, Fridley Citizens group
- Pirate Hockey mom
- Active member of Senate District 41 and Congressional District 5